Monday 11 March 2013

Realization

Just received our yearbooks for 2012 today and I looked through the book, flipping through and seeing all the familiar names holding leadership roles, getting scholarships, going for OCIPs, getting awards and all.

And then it struck me that for Senior High, I really didn't accomplish much.

I've really got to work on my results. And probably sign up for more CIP and all instead of focusing on out-of-school types of welfare services that probably can't be recorded. Ugh omg why am I even thinking this way.. (How ironic that CIP should come from the heart and here we are having to produce a stellar CIP involvement record at the end of our schooling days zzz)

Kind of upsetting now that I think about it. All the 100+ hours of CIP I chalked up in junior high, the academic competitions I'd at least participate in and the leadership roles I had; all these no longer count.

I won't want to leave Dunman High accomplishing nothing. I'd want to leave this school feeling fulfilled, happy, grateful, and most of all, I'd want to leave this school with pride.

No more being a loser. I'm going to leave Dunman High as any good Dunmanian would, and I'm not going to be the one pulling the level average down with my results. No more of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment