Friday 30 August 2013

All i can do

"Nicole, are you okay?"
I nod.
 
Am I, really?
 
Most days I am, I guess. Studying, being with friends, more studying. But then something as small and as insignificant as a song, a tweet, a picture, a place, or even seeing you online on Whatsapp and Facebook once in a while; and I'm back to square one. Back to wondering how you are, back to having that extreme urge to call you, to text you, to catch a glimpse of you.

I hurt you, I know. And i'm really sorry about that.
But you're moving on, you're "A Little Bit Stronger", like what you tweeted.

I'm not.

Honestly, I don't know why either. They always say it's the one who initiates the breakup that hurts less, the one that loves less, the one that cares less.

Lies.

Yeah, perhaps, you really did love me a lot, and I broke your heart.
But does that mean that I'm heartless? That I don't care? That you're the only one hurting?

E v e r y t h i n g  reminds me of you.

But what can i do?
You're moving on, living and enjoying your university life.
And as much as i actually am truly happy for you,
I miss you.

But I guess that's all i can do, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment